Job opening: Backend PHP/MySQL developer (medior)
In Rotterdam we’re building the new fintech startup BizPay. BizPay is a real-time e-commerce financing platform. Such solutions currently exist for e-commerce businesses to consumers, but not yet for B2B. A huge opportunity in an exciting market!
BizPay is part of Dutch Finance Lab (DFL). Within DFL decades of knowledge of factoring, financing and debt collection are present. Due to the onboarding of top entrepreneur / investor Pieter Schoen and the setup of a joint venture with NIBC bank, DFL has managed to gather the unique combination of expertise and funding to make BizPay a success.
BizPay is housed in 42workspace (42) in the nicest street of Rotterdam, de Witte de With. 42 houses only tech related businesses, making it a very dynamic environment with smart people experienced in development, data, AI, machine learning, online marketing etc. Within 42 you can make use of the lunch, gym and rooftop terrace. Helping others without expecting something in return is part of the culture in 42, which makes it a fantastic place to enlarge your network, learn and do what you’re good at.
What you do
- Develop in an existing PHP and MySQL environment
- Build technical connections between our infrastructure and partners (e.g. payment service providers)
- Work together with other technical stakeholders and their architects on new technologies
- Hands-on implementation of new technologies into or next to existing infrastructure
- Develop whatever is needed to make BizPay a success
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years of experience with PHP/MySQL (other languages are plus)
- Knowledge of working in UAT-environments is an advantage
- Affinity with startups, e-commerce and or fintech would be nice
- Experience with modern (cloud) infrastructures is helpful
- Go knowledge is a big advantage
What we offer
- Competitive compensation including travel allowance
- Unique opportunity to work in an investor-backed start-up with the potential to claim market leadership within a few years
- Everything you’ll need to excel, including hardware and software where applicable
- An extremely steep learning curve
- A really cool workplace where you can develop yourself while having fun
- A growing team of competent, hardworking fun colleagues
Let’s connect and see what we can do for each other. Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we start our conversation, expect to have a chat about your ambitions, challenges, future development path and of course your experience. We are looking forward to take the next step.
Let’s disrupt the Dutch financial industry together!